I have to say that blaming society is no longer valid.
That's a bold statement. I'm trying to be nice.
Most importantly, my claim is backed by evidence. There are opportunities and pathways for anyone (of any race) to make it out of poverty in America.

It is not ad hominem since I didn't use it as an argument.
Comments about a person that are negative are not allowed, even if it is true. What's allowed is respectful criticism about a view or statement. You can say that a view is biased, uninformed, etc. If I allow members to make negative comments or criticize a person or member (calling someone racist, stupid, uninformed) then things will likely turn very negative and ugly here.

You are making more excuses to justify racial stereotypes.
What is this sizable population?
I couldn't find any numbers or percentages to offer you here. Would someone even fund a study for that?

I can even drop the word "sizable" from my claim. I've been in poor Black neighborhoods, as I'm sure you have, and I can say that it's very common to see guys with pants on their butts and engaged in other behaviors that I brought up earlier. Do you at least agree that what I'm describing applies to more than just a handful of people in poor Black neighborhoods? Of course, if we look at the Black population as a whole, especially the ones that are outside of poor neighborhoods, then we can say that the majority of Black people don't fit the negative stereotypes of being ghetto.

So it's fair to say that there are two groups of Blacks, the ones that are ghetto and the ones that aren't.

You should really do research on affluent predominantly Black neighborhoods in Atlanta, in Maryland, in New York, in California. You clearly do not understand the magnitude of racism so I will leave you with this post that was asked by an obviously ignorant person Why is it mostly Black people that live in the ghetto?
You keep stating that I'm trying to justify negative racial stereotypes (I said they were wrong at the end of post #8 and my original comment that started all of this only applied to the bad groups of each race), but should I also say that you're just trying to justify the negative behavior of some Blacks? You don't want to speak about the negatives or have them brought up or just want to blame others for every problem?

Stop spreading hate.
Bringing up some of the negatives of a subgroup of a race (which I clearly specified) is not spreading "hate". What do you want, to just stay silent about it and then nothing gets fixed?

This is a really cool thread to read. Haven’t finished all the articles and the long video, but as a person who’s done some dating, I can say that sexual racism is a more complicated thing than just race. Some people do have a preference, and that’s fine in my mind. It’s ok to want to be with a white woman if you’re white and vice versa.
It becomes a problem when a person would not date certain categories of people just because of their race and would not like them at all. It’s a bit complicated, but I think it’s not right to blame people for sexual preference. For instance, I like women from https://www.uadreams.com/videochat more, and it’s just a fact I cannot control. Maybe it’s something like sexual orientation, IDK.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
A friend of mine is obsessed with Hispanic men. She likes them tall, tan, and handsome. We discussed if that was racist in any way.

Here is one good article I wanted to share with you guys:
Is It Racist to Have a Racial Dating Preference? by Kyndall Cunningham

I wont post the entire article here but I will go over some ideas I like and what helped me answer the question on dating racial preferences vs. racism. The first thing that caught my eye is that there was even a term for this, which is "sexual racism".

"The term "sexual racism" has roots in the 1970s and was defined by Rutgers University professor Charles Herbert Stember as the "sexual rejection of the racial minority" and "the conscious attempt on the part of the majority to prevent interracial cohabitation. Modern usage of the term frequently refers to racial prejudice that's disguised as "just a preference" on dating apps and in real-life social settings."

The author gives evidence for sexual racism:
"In 2014, OkCupid founder Christian Rudder wrote a blog post analyzing race and attraction on the site. User data found that most men rated Black women as less attractive than women of other races. Likewise, Asian men were ranked as the least attractive group by most women."

"These stats echo the historical degradation and defeminization of Black women's appearances in racist media as well as the stereotypical feminization of Asian men in television and movies."

"Most importantly, people of color do not have the social power or influence that white people have when they use harmful stereotypes to reject entire groups of people. Nor are there systems in place that enforce the idea that white people are undesirable."

My conclusion is that dating preferences are a form of racism if they are based on negative stereotypes.
Nonsense.

I know a few White women that date Black men only. They wanted to try something different and got hooked.

I know a few White women that date Black men only. They wanted to try something different and got hooked.
I was thinking about Tiger Woods for some reason, but your example is the opposite of that.

Reactions: TracyRN