Over the weekend, a group of Palestinian militants breached Israel's border and killed hundreds. Also, some entire families were taken hostages and bought into Palestine. In some New York cities, there were actually people cheering this on while holding signs stating that Palestinians need their land back. Here's some reporting on that:

Reporting on the attack...

Protests on both sides in NYC:

If there's any matter that you question how people can see things so differently, it is this one.

I'd like to think this conflict can be resolved once and for all, but this goes back thousands of years, and there's probably a lot of religious implications involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
this goes back thousands of years

Okay, I’m not concerned about a small % of idiots cheering like they were cheering at a football game.

Militarily, Israel did the important thing of responding quickly. That’s the thing which really rocks the world of the young men on the other side, and gets them thinking that maybe what they did was stupid afterall.

It was misplaced courage and misplaced machoism on the part of the Palestinians involved in this. They want “action.”

Whereas in many cases, probably in most cases, it’s slow and steady that gets the mouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Okay, I’m not concerned about a small % of idiots cheering like they were cheering at a football game.

Militarily, Israel did the important thing of responding quickly. That’s the thing which really rocks the world of the young men on the other side, and gets them thinking that maybe what they did was stupid afterall.

It was misplaced courage and misplaced machoism on the part of the Palestinians involved in this. They want “action.”

Whereas in many cases, probably in most cases, it’s slow and steady that gets the mouse.
To behead children and others who can not defend themselves is an unnecessary act even in the context of a war.

Consider this point from a pro Palestinian site,Decolonize Palestine
The ethnic cleansing, massacres and colonialism needed to establish Israel can never be justified, regardless of who was there first.
It’s a moot point. Even if we follow the argument that Palestinians have only been there for 1300 years, does this suddenly legitimize the expulsion of hundreds of thousands? Of course not.
To that I would also add that having your land occupied by Jews does not justify killing all Jews, esp. those that are not a threat or defenseless. There are definitely other means to tackle disagreements and land disputes.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here's a very good example of reporters trying to draw a moral equivalence between Hamas and Israel's actions: