Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021
I’m a grown man weighing 180 pounds.

I didn’t think 1/2 a Delta-8 gummy would affect me this strongly. But it caused me to momentarily lose track of what a person was saying. In addition, it made me nauseous and prone to vomiting with motion, such as riding in a Uber.

On the other hand, 1/8 gummy can give me a delicious “here and now” feeling.

I think Delta-8 is already legal, and Delta-9 will soon be — probably!

Just trying to give some helpful advice a la the Dad on the TV show “Leave It To Beaver!”

220px-Cleaver_family_Leave_it_to_Beaver_1960.JPG

“Ward Cleaver” was the Dad who tried to give the boys “helpful” advice.

PS Some people hated the show because they thought it showed an impossible idea no one could ever live up to.

When taking delta 8 for anxiety, we recommend starting with a low-strength dosage:

(0.05) x (your body weight in lbs.) = your daily delta 8 dose for anxiety in mg.

—————————————

So, for me, 5% of 180 is 9. So, 9 milligrams.

And yet the gummy was 50 mg. Way too much.

So, I cut it into 8 pieces like a tiny pie! :)

I didn’t think 1/2 a Delta-8 gummy would affect me this strongly. But it caused me to momentarily lose track of what a person was saying. In addition, it made me nauseous and prone to vomiting with motion, such as riding in a Uber.

On the other hand, 1/8 gummy can give me a delicious “here and now” feeling.
I never liked Mary Jane. Could be the smoke part that I never could tolerate.. the smell, the smoke and all that.

The one danger I see with laced gummies is that a teacher might bring the wrong gummies to school one day. Otherwise, I think it's a good alternative.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
I never liked Mary Jane. Could be the smoke part that I never could tolerate.. the smell, the smoke and all that.
I tried smoking it with 2 different girlfriends and didn’t like it. The motion sickness part.

low-dosing the gummies is different.

With a low-dose, I find myself welcoming an effect and chasing it in a good way.

The one danger I see with laced gummies is that a teacher might bring the wrong gummies to school one day.
You bring up a heck of a good point. The gummy would be an “attractive nuisance” or whatever the legal term is.

Similar to these flavored nicotine products in vapes, that come in cherry and bubble gum and all these flavors.

Adults need to take an extra step or 2 to keep these away from children.

July 13, 2023 —

"It would be an unusual week if we're not seeing a child presenting to our emergency room with side effects from cannabis ingestion," said Ward,

"Many homes in the United States now have edible cannabis products in them," Ward said. "They see these products that look like candies or brownies, sometimes in cartoon packaging, and they're ingesting them not because they want a cannabis product, but because it looks fun."

————————————————

Parents and older teens need to keep this stuff locked away.

Hidden away may not be good enough because younger children do like to snoop and explore.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy

July 13, 2023 —

"It would be an unusual week if we're not seeing a child presenting to our emergency room with side effects from cannabis ingestion," said Ward,

"Many homes in the United States now have edible cannabis products in them," Ward said. "They see these products that look like candies or brownies, sometimes in cartoon packaging, and they're ingesting them not because they want a cannabis product, but because it looks fun."

————————————————

Parents and older teens need to keep this stuff locked away.

Hidden away may not be good enough because younger children do like to snoop and explore.
Besides parents keeping them locked away just as they would say medications, I think it would also help if the packaging did not give off vibes of fun. The packaging can be made without cartoons or too much color.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
discover-magazine-2-may-2024-cover.jpg

Warning! — only one free article

[ A family with a 5-yr-old daughter went camping. They made friends with another family.]

‘ . . . The next morning, Maddie finally woke up. Alert and very hungry, she was able to help us solve the mystery. “I met a new friend at the campground,” she told us. “She gave me a bunch of gummy bears. They were yummy but made me feel pretty weird.” . . ’

‘ . . There’s no antidote for THC poisoning, no reversal agent, no special treatment. Care involves making sure nothing else is causing the child’s symptoms, helping them breathe if needed, and letting them sleep off their high. After they wake up, most children seem to be back to their normal selves, without any known later health consequences. . . ’

—————————————-

“most children”

But wow, it must have been terrifying for the parents. This 5-yr-old finally woke up after sleeping 16 straight hours.

And yes, the THC gummies ought to be in a childproof container. Like the ones my senior citizen parents have to struggle with for medicines which are a lot less dangerous!