Why is it difficult to have bipartisanship in politics?

How can we fix this issue?

Last edited:
Why is it difficult to have bipartisanship in politics?

I am real skeptical when it comes to any two opposing political parties being able to work together. My skepticism is based on my view that both sides are power hungry. Nowadays, it just seems that almost every decision is driven with trying to keep a political party in power. Of course, any political party wants power because the more they have, then the easier it is to pass their agenda.

Nowadays, you have to show that you are different than the other candidate to get elected otherwise people would be become indifferent about voting for a Democrat and Republican. And much more than that, you also have to show that the other side has problems. I suppose the best way to show difference is to not work with the opposing side or by making every issue a partisan one.

How can we fix this issue?

One obvious answer for me is to avoid any one party being in complete control. We also have to find ways to take away the drive for power, or at least make it centered more on truth than political party. Therefore, power will only be for those who care more about doing good and getting to the truth more than trying to keep their political party in power.

Last edited: