I think there are good ways and bad ways to discuss politics. I also think that there are good and bad times and places to bring up politics.

Others might think that it's always good to discuss a politics, like an activist perhaps.

I have my standard and opinions that has worked for me but just wanted to get to see how you guys might think here. We can all learn from each other!

So the topic is...
When, where, and how do you usually discuss politics?

From my personal experience, I think it's a bad idea to bring up politics at the workplace. I've seen people get into heated arguments at work, and perhaps one or both parties start not liking to work together. If it's a manager, you might even go through some retaliation if that manager decides to make it hard on you at work because of your political views.

I once had a coworker that use to bring up political issues all the time. I applied my standard of not getting much into politics at work. BUt the person never took a hint that I wasn't into politics in the work setting, and I even got the feeling that they were pushing their views. SO I have to kindly tell that person that I didn't want to discuss the politics of covid because different people have different views, and I don't want to offend anyone. I could've just said, I don't want to talk politics at all but I elaborated some.

Now on a forum, such as this one here, we can talk politics all day!