Last year, a Florida bill was passed that has been dubbed the "Don't say gay" bill. This bill would prohibit schools from teaching about sexual orientation and gender identity to kids in their early school years (pre-K to 3rd grade?). I've discussed this topic elsewhere in the forum (here), but I wanted to bring it to this section to get just the perspectives from agnostics.

What are your thoughts? Should school grade children be taught about sexual orientation?

Here is my perspective...
In my view, it is unreasonable to prohibit kids from learning about these issues because they will encounter it out of school, whether it be on tv or whenever they go out. While some may see any mention of LGBT as being "grooming" or "pushing" an agenda, but I would say there is a difference between description (showing an event or describing it) vs. prescribing it. And even the latter should be okay if it just involves stating the facts about LGBT, like it not being harmful. Perhaps if some teacher gets into other political/unproven aspects, like having a gender neutral society, then I would say that should be left out or at least make it clear that it's a theory or one viewpoint out of many others.