The Partisan Checker section is a spin off from the fact checking sites where we are checking for partisan behavior instead of just for factual accuracy. I created this section because partisanship tends to be a huge turn off to agnostics and even political independents. I also think that partisanship is the #1 threat facing the United States today, and I say this because a house divided against itself can not stand.*

If you're not familiar with what 'partisanship' is then please read the next post.

*Matthew 12:25

Guidelines:
1. Discussion topics should offer examples of partisan behavior (showing someone is clearly biased towards a side) or you can just post a topic and ask other members if it is partisan or not.
2. Discussions should focus on how the topic shows partisan behavior (or not, assuming there's disagreement) and how a nonpartisan (such as your fine self :)) would address the same matter.
3. Discussion and/or debate is allowed and please observe all other rules of the forum.
4. Must be a member of the Agnostic Usergroup to participate. TO join, just shoot me a PM or you can start a similar topic in another part of the forum.

Here's a sample topic and discussion,
1. https://theagnosticforum.com/threads/representative-rashida-tlaib-partisan-response-to-biden.633/
2. https://theagnosticforum.com/threads/prager-u-detrans-documentary.674/

Last edited:
Partisanship is defined as having a bias or blind adherence for a particular group, cause, or view (religious, political, etc). Partisanship can be expressed in many ways, but generally, it includes thinking/behavior that puts supporting a side (or even going against the other side) above truth/facts. Below I'll list some behaviors that tend be motivated or caused by partisanship - reflecting a bias/blind adherence to one side:

- Giving only one side or perspective on an issue (like the way Fox News and MSNBC report on an issue)
- Giving only half-truths or hyperbole
- Trying to silence or cancel the other side
- Selective outrage or unwillingness to call out your own side when they are wrong (esp. when you're willing to call out the other side for the same type of wrong behavior)
- Ignoring the other side completely (not watching Fox News because it is on the opposing side)
- Us vs. them thinking
- Painting someone as being on the other side (or as an enemy- because they are not on your side or share your view) for having an opposing view.

Last edited: