I recently watched a documentary on transgenders that have gone through detransitioning. This is the documentary:

I honestly hope that the detransitioning process is not as bad as this documentary makes it out to be. But what I'd like to know is if this documentary is just partisan spin.

SOme responses for it are not that good, at least according to one Wikipedia source:
Detrans was panned and is considered propaganda, as the short film did not mention that research shows that 1% of transgender individuals regret transitioning.[6][3] Twitter users flooded the hashtag #DETRANS with unrelated Tweets.[13]

On behalf of Truthout, Erin Reed wrote, "The story of Daisy’s platforming to attack transgender people has many echoes of the Ex-Gay movement of the 1990s and early 2000s… a focus on being broken, a search for religious redemption, a framing of LGBTQ+ identities as a 'choice' or something people are coerced into, and a story of being 'healed.'"[5]

In response to the short film, James Factora, writing for Them, provided statistics about the low detransition rate and concluded, "As PragerU shows, [...] the right-wing isn’t as concerned with facts as they are about feelings, to borrow a turn of phrase."[14]
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detra...ming Care is a documentary,care through [...]

Is the documentary partisan spin or are the responses partisan spin or are both sides engaging in partisan spin?

Last edited: