Status
Not open for further replies.
Guidelines

This is the area to debate on theistic and/or religious positions and viewpoints. Atheistic viewpoints or arguments against God's existence should not be a thread topic, although you can use such views/arguments to respond to a topic on a theistic viewpoint. I created an atheist/secular forum section to debate on atheist/secular viewpoints.

There may be topics that don't fit exactly into either forum, like someone simply asking if God exists. That's not a position or viewpoint but I'll still allow that to be posted in either the Theist/religion section or the Atheist/secular section.

All of the forum rules on conduct, content, and debate as laid out apply in this section. If there are any exceptions or forum specific rules then they'll be mentioned below.

Clarifications on evidence:
- Any level of evidence is allowed, but the strongest or best type of evidence, especially given the topic (whether it be historical, philosophical, or scientific), will carry the most weight and will be judged as such by moderators. For instance, in debating a scientific topic, scientific evidence trumps all other forms of evidence. In a debate involving history, historical evidence/standards (or something stronger if offered) will carry greater weight than anecdotal evidence.
- Opinions and beliefs are allowed just as long as a member specifies that it's an opinion.
- Scripture alone can be used as evidence Biblical Debate section.
- I'll allow for theoretical reasoning, like granting that some point is true (e.g. granting or assuming God exist) just to argue some point. If it's a debate on a theoretical point, then that should be made known in the opening post of a debate topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.