Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021
300 in total would be an easy clear majority of the 435 members of the House of Representatives—

We could make progress on immigration reform, we could make progress on bread-and-butter economic issues for the average American.

At least we could have a discussion on Ukraine. I support continuing to use tax dollars to provide them with weapons so they can continue to defend themselves. [this also has the benefit of checking aggression and giving a lesson to other countries] I think this has a majority, although relatively close. And we can’t, or shouldn’t, let this get delayed by mere procedure matters.

That would be nice Lemur, but I am very skeptical that will happen. But I think such a configuration would force the two sides to work together if they want any legislation passed. Otherwise an evenly divided house would not get anything done if they voted along party lines.

• Love
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Sadly, I have more faith in my fantasy football picks coming true than the scenario you brought up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
That would be nice Lemur, but I am very skeptical that will happen.
This is kind of my view, too. I’ll just say that once upon a time, there was the Whig Party, to be supplanted by the Republican Party through the course of several elections [for example, I think there was the Free Soil Party somewhere in there as a way station]

* so maybe not quite as unlikely as fantasy football! :p

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
This is kind of my view, too. I’ll just say that once upon a time, there was the Whig Party, to be supplanted by the Republican Party through the course of several elections [for example, I think there was the Free Soil Party somewhere in there as a way station]
That's actually a good point to keep in mind. One unfair aspect I see in the government is the monopoly created by the two main parties. This limits who voters can vote for. I looked up if anyone won the presidency while not being Republican or Democrat. I was expecting to find a couple of examples assuming that the two major parties weren't as big back then. Surprisingly I only found one person who was outside of those two parties, George Washington.

Last edited: