Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

images

“ . . . as a crane not only caught fire, but collapsed and crashed into a neighboring building ... sending people below running for cover. . . ”

And maybe spectators had already eased back away from the fire, and/or police officers insisted on it.

And yes, that part about no fatalities, I’ll take small miracles where I can find them. I really will! :)

Plus, there’s some kind of threshold with metal, I’m vaguely remembering somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1,000 degrees. That once metal is heated past this threshold, it has less strength.

Reactions: bbyrd009
https://abc7ny.com/amp/crane-fire-nyc-10th-avenue-collapse/13562166/

‘ . . Additionally, the city will bring in an "outside independent entity" with "a particular subject matter in cranes" to "sort of look top to bottom at this specific incident, to see what lessons can be learned and what changes can be implemented." . . ’

In a different legal system, and maybe a better world! :p

Look, an important part of the current legal system in our United States of America is to provide for retirement for people who get hurt. Very unevenly, I might add. Meaning that some people essentially win a big lottery and other people get nothing.

Last edited:
I think we all like to think that we’re street smart in some areas and idealistic in other areas.

And people tend to disagree about what areas. :D

You couldn't pay me to live in a big city around lots of high rise buildings.