I sometimes feel that the mind, or some aspect of it, is different from the body. I have felt this the most when I experience some sort of something that would involve me ignoring or depriving my body. Take fasting for instance. Once when I was a teenager, I fasted for 3 days straight with no food nor water. I felt the drives of my body pushing me to eat/drink, and I even had thoughts of eating something good, but I did not act on those drives. I began feeling a detachment as if those bodily sensations and drives were separate from myself. I don't even feel that I can put it into words, but I'd still like to know if this counts as a spiritual experience. I don't remember doing it for any spiritual reasons but just not giving in to my body and the feeling of detachment made this feel spiritual - perhaps I can call it a mind over body experience.

For debate:
1. Are fasting, swimming in cold water, or other experiences that involve depriving your body (for some time) or ignoring it considered spiritual experiences?

2. Have you experienced any of this yourself or can you explain the feeling?

Is the explanation and practice an example of something spiritual or similar?