Honest-ism

Somewhat Reluctant Agnostic
Mar 30, 2022
Southeastern USA
I totally understand that this website is not mine and it has a purpose for which the owner/creator works hard.

However... when I was searching for an agnostic forum, I almost passed this one by because it sounded as though anything but formal debate wouldn't be welcomed. Maybe that was jumping to an unreasonable conclusion--I'm kind of defensive about being an agnostic, I live in the Bible Belt of the USA, sometimes I get nervous even thinking about not having a religion, and so on.

Now I'm enjoying the contact with agnostics, and being able to say what I think without wondering if people will back away.

This isn't a complaint; I'm just mentioning it. It's your baby and of course you can dress him any way you want.

(But if you want more less-serious ditzes on here, ask me for ideas. :) )

Honest-ism,

Noted. I've already made some wording changes in the site logo and on the front page. I replaced the word "debate" with "discussion" in some places. That change will take some time to show up in the search engines but I'm glad you decided to peek in and interact with us.

(But if you want more less-serious ditzes on here, ask me for ideas. :) )
Thanks. Phase 1 for me is growing the site and I welcome anyone. At least right now, most of the convos are more on a serious note, but feel free to create other discussions in the Discussion areas.

Phase 2 will be to hopefully have a well established community where we can organize, have a voice, and eventually meet up (virtually or in person).

When you get a chance take a look at this event which was a debate on the historical Jesus below...Starting around 1:54:00 mark you start to see more of the environment which seems like a festival/bar like environment. That would be my dream event... to meet up, talk about a range of issues, from serious to less serious, (esp. on religion), even have a comedy part to it, all being laid back, with good food and drinks! And the debate itself was very good and lively.