Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021
PDF file —>

June 2019:

“One step toward resilence would be a backup peer-to-peer (P2P) text-passing capability for when phones can’t link to a cellular tower. Texts would get passed from phone to phone via well-understood methods of packet switching until they encounter a working node and get dropped into the network. Qualcomm already has this capability built into their chips! But cellular providers refuse to turn it on. That’s shortsighted, since it would be good business too, expanding text coverage zones and opening new revenue streams. Even in the worst national disaster, we’d have a 1940s-level telegraphy system all across the nation, and pretty much around the world.”

A good idea!

But as he points out on other areas, apparently there is not short-term profit and market incentive.

David also has a PhD in physics. Yeah, he’s a pretty smart guy, but doesn’t mean he’s always right. He is on this one, or at least I think so. :)

Last edited:
Ihave always like sceience fiction. But I have come to realize that reality according to the Bible is more fascinating that the science fiction imagination.

What is really going on in this universe surpasses for me any science fiction I have ever read or seen.