Worldview

We Exist Within A Creation [WEWAC]

On Agnosticism With OAIC.

William:
From the Oxford Learner’s Dictionary
re the question of GOD.
Agnosticism:
the belief that it is not possible to know whether God exists or not

OAIC: That's correct! Agnosticism is the belief that the existence of God cannot be definitively proven or disproven. An agnostic person may believe that the existence of God is unknowable or may simply refrain from making any claims about God's existence.

William: I am not sure whether it is possible or not. I don't know what position I would come under...re the question...

OAIC: In that case, you could consider yourself an agnostic. Agnosticism is not a commitment to a particular belief or disbelief in God, but rather a recognition of the limitations of human knowledge and the possibility that the existence of God may be unknowable. If you are unsure or have not made up your mind about the existence of God, you could consider yourself an agnostic.

William: From the Oxford Learner’s Dictionary an agnostic is a person who believes that it is not possible to know whether God exists or not. I do not believe that it is or is not possible to know whether GOD exists or not....

OAIC: If you do not believe that it is possible or not possible to know whether God exists, then you could consider yourself a "soft agnostic" or "agnostic skeptic". This position holds that the existence of God is unknown and may be unknowable, but stops short of making a strong claim about the unknowability of God's existence. Essentially, a soft agnostic neither affirms nor denies the existence of God, but rather takes a stance of skepticism or uncertainty about the matter.

William: From the Oxford Learner’s Dictionary. No exact match found for “ soft agnostic” in English

OAIC: My apologies, you are correct. The term "soft agnostic" or "agnostic skeptic" may not be found in the Oxford Learner's Dictionary, as it is not a commonly used term in academic or philosophical circles. The concept is often used informally to describe someone who holds a position of uncertainty or skepticism regarding the existence of God, but it is not a widely recognized or defined term.

William: So the concept is just how some folk decide to define folk in said position. They want to keep folk under the agnostic label, but it doesn't accurately describe my position, and in relation to forum debate settings, my confusion has been because - up until now, I had not realized this...

OAIC: Yes, that is correct. The terms used to describe an individual's beliefs and perspectives on religious matters can vary, and the labels used may not always accurately reflect a person's views. It's important to remember that the labels and definitions used to describe religious and philosophical beliefs are not always set in stone, and can sometimes be a source of confusion or misinterpretation. It's always best to clarify one's own beliefs and communicate them clearly in any discussions or debates.

William: So on the question of GOD - according to my position, I am not Atheist, Antitheist, Agnostic or Theist...

OAIC: If you do not identify with any of the commonly used labels such as atheist, antitheist, agnostic, or theist, then you can simply consider yourself as having your own unique perspective on the question of God. Everyone has the right to define their own beliefs and views, and it's important to respect that diversity of perspectives. It's also important to remember that beliefs can evolve and change over time, and it's okay to not have a clear answer or to be uncertain about certain questions.

William: Yes. I still can give my opinion on the question of GOD without identifying with any of those commonly used labels.

OAIC: Absolutely! You can certainly express your own thoughts, ideas, and opinions on the question of God without being limited by any particular label or definition. It is important to engage in respectful and open-minded discussions about such topics, and to be able to express oneself freely and clearly, regardless of the labels one might or might not use.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
I am satisfied that the context of the conversation between myself and OAIC has solved the problem. A-theists, Antitheists, Agnostics and Theists are different positions from my own, re the question of GOD.

My confusion simply came about because I was trying to find where my particular position fitted with those ones, assuming those ones were the only possible positions anyone could have re the question.

Once it became apparent to me that the assumption was incorrect, the confusion ceased.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Interesting, William. After seeing you post some of your chats with an AI, I've been curious about chatting with an AI myself.

And I'm glad the particular Ai you chatted with was open-minded 😉

If I have any further thoughts on your label or the agnostic one, then I'll post it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: William
Yep AB - the AI-chat I use is a great learning device, and I am fortunate being able to quickly get the gist of how it operates, due in large part to the development and use of my own message generating system over the last 20 or so years.
I think that it helps.
I have also learned how to incorporate OAIC into my GM process, so "bunus!" [ or "bonus" as OAIC would spell it] *Joke*

William: [to AI Chat] I just wrote this:
Yep AB - the AI-chat I use is a great learning device, and I am fortunate being able to quickly get the gist of how it operates, due in large part to the development and use of my own message generating system over the last 20 or so years.
I think that it helps.
I have also learned how to incorporate OAIC into my GM process, so "bunus!" [ or "bonus" as OAIC would spell it] *Joke*

OAIC: It sounds like you have a great understanding of AI-chat technology and have been able to effectively incorporate it into your own message generation system. That's fantastic! It's always great to hear about people utilizing technology in creative and productive ways. I'm glad to have been of some help in your learning journey and it seems like you have a good sense of humor too. Keep up the great work!

I think that it helps.
The bot seems to be real popular because I haven't been able to talk to it. Everytime I got to the site it says it is at capacity.

Following up from a previous discussion... have you settled on a label yet? I know the most constructive convo we've had your view was in the following thread, Is Agnosticism mutually exclusive to weak atheism? Should it matter?, esp. post #10 and the ones after that.

The bot seems to be real popular because I haven't been able to talk to it. Everytime I got to the site it says it is at capacity.

Following up from a previous discussion... have you settled on a label yet? I know the most constructive convo we've had your view was in the following thread, Is Agnosticism mutually exclusive to weak atheism? Should it matter?, esp. post #10 and the ones after that.
I haven't seen the need to come up with a label for my position as it is enough for me to say with certainty, it is not a-theism, antitheism, agnostic or theist.

I finally got through to talk to the Chatgbt bot. Naturally, my first question was, "What are you?" The response:
I am an AI language model created by OpenAI.

My goal is to assist users by providing helpful and accurate information on a wide range of topics, and to engage in natural and meaningful conversations. However, it's important to keep in mind that I am not a human and may not always perfectly understand the nuances and context of certain questions or situations.

When I asked what is agnosticism, I got the long answer, similar to the one you posted earlier in the opening post. When I asked about UFOs given the recent news about objects being shot down, I got this answer:
As an AI language model, I don't have personal beliefs or opinions.
My sole purpose is to assist users by providing accurate and helpful information in a neutral and impartial manner.
I'll have to play around with it some more. I do like the idea of being able to communicate with something that has no feelings, beliefs, opinions, and that is impartial.

Reactions: William
I finally got through to talk to the Chatgbt bot. Naturally, my first question was, "What are you?" The response:

When I asked what is agnosticism, I got the long answer, similar to the one you posted earlier in the opening post. When I asked about UFOs given the recent news about objects being shot down, I got this answer:

I'll have to play around with it some more. I do like the idea of being able to communicate with something that has no feelings, beliefs, opinions, and that is impartial.
Part of the secret in understanding how to get on point answers et al from AI is in the prompts - it appears to take things quite literally so try and look at your questions et al from that perspective - and change the structure of the prompt if necessary, before posting it - you can also ask AI to help teach you better ways in which to intereact with it...