Data

Nov 17, 2023
Having been raised and lived in the Bible belt as an atheist for half of my life I can relate to the minority of atheists now living in a predominately theocratic based society. It may seem like you are living in someone's fantasy land which has control over your lives. The more you try to break free from it the more obvious the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of those perpetuating the fantasy. Nothing seems real in the world around because it is permeated within a dreamlike pretense - the pretense prevents logic and reason and in this state of existence you have no other choice than to carry on.

It may surprise you to know that it isn't the position of a true Christian to appoint themselves in the name of God as moral police of the globe. It isn't even the position of a true Christian to "convert the unwashed heathen." You may be asking yourself, then, where - in the world - are the true Christians?! That's a good question, but not the focus of my attention concerning the atheist. My experience with the atheist is that they are misinformed by those Christians who you already know are hypocrites in support of a cruel bloodthirsty religion.

It really shouldn't surprise anyone that the people who brought you the inquisition and crusades among many other atrocities of mankind could have so obviously transmogrified the meaning of the Bible, especially when, in the present time world views have been well established in opposition, but in fact, therein lies the problem. Through the misrepresentation of the Bible by apostate Christianity the atheist and otherwise skeptical of the Bible itself find themselves only having a slight advantage over the average believer when it comes to accurate knowledge of that Bible. The disdain they have for that body of work, however, has formulated into a sort of paradigm of its own which is every bit as difficult for accurate knowledge to penetrate as the beliefs, superstitions, and pagan influence of the uninformed theist.