William

Novice Mystic
Jun 9, 2021
Te Waipounamu
jig.nz
Worldview

We Exist Within A Creation [WEWAC]

Religion/Spirituality:
1. Who or what is God? (Atheists can answer in their own way, even if it's a response expressing skepticism).

God is Mind within Matter.

2. Which is the one true religion?

There are no true religions.

3. Is Religion really necessary?
To what?

It can be a useful device if used sensibly.

4. Do you believe in the afterlife?

I do, based upon the fairly common phenomena of alternate realities which humans have reported.

6. Was Jesus a real person or myth?

Don't know. My suspicion is that bible Jesus was based upon a real person/persons but is largely a co-creation of Roman and Jewish (Semite and Gentile) corroboration.

Philosophy:

1. What is your worldview (Christian, atheist, agnostic, neither??) and why?

As close as I can tell, my position is currently Pantheist. I currently reject supernaturalism and find Materialism a stifling position, predictable and boring.

2. Do objective morals exist?

I don't understand the question. One can objectify morals through behavior, but if consciousness did not exist in this Almighty Universe, (AU) could any morality be identified by anyone observing the universe as such?
If so, then "yes", otherwise "no". (depending on whether my understand the question being asked.)

3. Does free-will exist?

As a temporal illusion, yes it can appear to exist.

Science:

1. What is the origin of the Universe?

The Almighty Universe has always existed in one form or another. The originator of formations is the Universal Mind, which itself is eternal (has no origin).

2. Is consciousness a product of the brain or something greater or separate?

Human consciousness is both product of the brain and the mind which uses the human brain. The AU is the product of The Mind (consciousness inclusive) and so brains and bodies (forms) are products of said Mind.

3. Does one accept the tenants of the Scientific Method such as observation, hypothesis, prediction, experimentation, and analysis?

Yes. Although I don't necessarily accept the interpretations of scientists as to what the science might be revealing.

4. Is the theory of evolution and creationism reconcilable?

Yes. As long as all discussion is based within Naturalist rather than Supernaturalist view.

5. Does science have to be limited to methodological naturalism?

Yes. The "limits" the Almighty Universe places on use of science are natural ones.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy