For popular or very good threads
There's been a pick up in the amount of coverage in the Israel and Palestine conflict. Most noticeably to me, there's also a lot of biased perspective.

This will be the place to try to set aside those biases and reach reasonable conclusions as should be expected from agnostics and other non-partisan thinkers.

For the first topic here, who is at fault when it comes to the Israel and Palestine conflict? Is it Israel? Is it Palestine? And why do you hold your position?

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
and other non-partisan thinkers.
Israel has stayed and fought for too long. But then, they have to find almost all the tunnels, or at least almost all the big tunnels.

And that might be the fundamental dilemma of the whole thing.

* can’t Israel use satellite imaging that is sometimes used to find old archaeological sites now grown over?

maybe the Israel military is! Maybe there are just a lot of tunnels which Hamas has built up over ? ? 50 plus years ? ?

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Edit: Removed some unnecessary points from my posts which I think it makes my post easier to follow...

For the first topic here, who is at fault when it comes to the Israel and Palestine conflict? Is it Israel? Is it Palestine?
Many say that the Jews are to blame for this conflict because they stole and are occupying Palestinian land. While I do believe this conflict is about land being taken, but I only fault Israel when it comes to their population taking a disproportionate amount of land. My reasons for believing that the Jews are entitled to some Palestinian land is because they have historical ties to it. The ancient Jews lived there and even controlled the land until it was dismantled by the Roman Empire some time during the 1st century CE. Still some Jews remained on the land, and there may have been an Arab population on the land, as well. However, the Arabs did not own the entire land (obviously not during the time that the ancient Jews occupied/controlled it). It wasn't until the 7th century CE "Arab Conquest" that the Arab population controlled the entire land of Palestine. Here's one reference from Britannica:
The decisive battle that delivered Palestine to the Muslims took place on August 20, 636. Only Jerusalem and Caesarea held out, the former until 638, when it surrendered to the Muslims, and the latter until October 640. Palestine, and indeed all of Syria, was then in Muslim hands.
Although the term "Muslims" is used but I think it's safe to say that Muslims were mostly Arabs at that early point in time.

So who is at fault for this conflict? If this conflict boils down to land then I think both sides bear some of the blame because there are parties on both sides that want all or most of the land to themselves. Israel has the military ability to control most of the land, but make no mistake, many on the Palestinians side would try to do the same if they had the military power to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
If this conflict boils down to land,

51KryB-+RFL._SL500_.jpg

published in 2008

I don’t know if this book is as good as its title. But what a concept!

Reactions: AgnosticBoy