I can't help being fascinated with the idea of extraterrestrials and how they might have made contact with ancient man. One theory that deals with this matter is commonly referred to as the 'ancient astronaut theory'.

Here's how Wikipedia explains the theory:
"Ancient astronauts" (or "ancient aliens") refers to a pseudoscientific hypothesis,[1][2][3][4] that intelligent extraterrestrial beings visited Earth and made contact with humans in antiquity and prehistoric times.[1][2][4] Proponents suggest that this contact influenced the development of modern cultures, technologies, religions, and human biology.[1][2] A common position is that deities from most, if not all, religions are extraterrestrial in origin, and that advanced technologies brought to Earth by ancient astronauts were interpreted as evidence of divine status by early humans.[1][2][5]
The article goes on to say that most academics reject the theory. While I can accept that not every aspect of the theory is true, but i don't find it far fetched for some of it to be true.

Here's a short video introduction to the ancient astronaut view...

For Debate:
1. Is there a connection between extraterrestrial beings and God?
2. Does the existence of one support the other?

Ideas of "god" are a natural enough phenomena given the experience of human life on a planet in a galaxy, in a universe.

In that, theism is a natural enough occurrence in that 'it is explainable why humans started thinking along such lines.

One can read the Genesis story and account for it as a literal event when set alongside the idea of ET - in the sense of the science of terraforming.

The way I think about extraterrestrials is that they are likelier not to be biological but Synthetic and were created by biological critters [which were created by the processes of the universe] and sent out into the cosmic environment in order to seed [terraforming] biological prodigy on planets capable of assisting this biological process.

In that sense, YHWH would be the synthetic sowing the seed on said planets.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
One can read the Genesis story and account for it as a literal event when set alongside the idea of ET - in the sense of the science of terraforming.
Good point!

I also find the idea of prehistoric/ancient ET visitation to be plausible because I believe that humans would do the same thing if we had the technology. If we were able to travel to different planets, start life there, or even go back in time, then we'd also be looked at as gods to the ancients. Our creations would be writing stories about us.

As I understand it, humans in space is a fictional fantasy.

I wrote the following, recently re the Star Trek franchise.

The problem is the Prime Directive itself.

It can be seen as the "Holy Law" of the humanity Roddenberry imagined would/could become if they left the idea of existing within a creation behind them...due mainly to the evidence of what intelligent species are capable of doing when they get all religionized and make up gods to compensate not knowing.

It is like watching episodes of "Christians in Space" who are conflicted by requirement to remain hidden from less technologically involved critters, so that they may not be mistaken for being gods, and worshiped as such, or doing so in order to "be a Jesus" and guide those critters toward enlightenment...which has proved a path filled with blind terror and uncertainty...oh why oh why!

The Prime Directive is simply an ego tool for these Materialist Space Trekkers, who are happy to war with Klingons [and anyone else who doesn't co-operate], and blow up starships et al, but 'perish the thought' of planet-bound beings involving themselves in warfare just because they believe some god told them to do so!

How do we oppose deception?

How do we recognize deception?

Regarding the subject of the prime directive how does this relate to possible deception?

If an extra-terrestrial species where to exist and even to have seeded life on this planet earth is it deception to hide from humanity or is it deception to show oneself to humanity?

I don't believe the existence of ET's either confirm or deny God's existence.

So are you saying that it is possible that the biblical account of God, right from the garden on, could be the account of terraforming aliens?