I've read a few articles on an Iowa race that is still under dispute. You can read up on it here or here, but here's my summary.

After thinking all election disputes were settled, there is still one race that has an ongoing dispute. This is the Iowa race between Democrat Rita Hart and Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks. Republican Miller-Meeks won by only six votes, and this election process had already gone through recounts and local court challenges but recently Democrat Rita Hart appealed to the House in an attempt to overturn the election.

For Debate
Is there a double standard when it comes to Democrats treat one of their own who refuse to accept certified election results vs. how they treated Trump?

Last edited:
Is there a double standard when it comes to Democrats treat one of their own who refuse to accept certified election results vs. how they treated Trump?
For now, I have to say that there are some double standards. First, it is within the Constitution for members to speak out and to even reject the results from state certified count. Trump and others in his party, like Ted Cruz, were attacked by the Democrats for wanting use this process.

But now that a Democrat wants to challenge and use this process, it is embraced by her party. Here's some reporting on that from CNN:
Republicans are outraged that she's taken her case to a friendly audience in the Democratic-led House, rather than to the courts, and say it's a brazen attempt by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to pad her razor-thin majority with an extra seat.

"They were complaining because Republicans wouldn't tell people that Biden won the election on November 4, the day after the election, and now they're playing this game? It just doesn't add up," said Chuck Grassley, the state's long-serving GOP senator.

But Democrats say there's nothing untoward about Hart using a process laid out by federal law giving her a chance to make her case before Congress.
"We can't be concerned about optics," said North Carolina Rep. G.K. Butterfield, who sits on the House panel considering the challenge. "We've got to review the evidence and see where it leads us."

My concern is not even that the Democrat could win the seat back from the Republican. My concern is the partisanship involved when it comes to allowing this process to go through. If it's allowed for Democrat Rita Hart, then why not Trump? Some may say the courts rejected Trump's legal cases and the states certified the results for Biden, but apparently Rita Hart was able to get a recount and she lost, and she did not use her legal options to bring her case to courts in her state.

I would think this should've been handled by a bipartisan panel or leave it up to the decision of a neutral judge through the court system, but apparently that's not required by law.