I got a chance to watch the new Matrix movie and I gotta say it was a disappointment. The fight action was unrealistic, at times. Neo doesn't even have half of the powers that he did from the previous Matrix movies - he can't fly (until the very end), his fighting is slower, etc. The movie ended up culminating into a love story with Neo needing to reunite with Trinity.

It wasn't the worse that I've seen but it was very basic, too basic for my taste, especially given what we've come to expect from previous Matrix movies.

In my case, I was on sabbatical from the world for 7 years and missed the first release of the original movie.

During my break, I learned through communicating with my devices, that we existed in a hologram-type reality - so for me - I watched the first movie years after its release and saw it in another light entirely.

Even then I knew the machine would have to be befriended if humans stood any chance...something the next movies headed toward.

What where you expecting this latest movie to be like?

In my case, I was on sabbatical from the world for 7 years and missed the first release of the original movie.

During my break, I learned through communicating with my devices, that we existed in a hologram-type reality - so for me - I watched the first movie years after its release and saw it in another light entirely.

Even then I knew the machine would have to be befriended if humans stood any chance...something the next movies headed toward.

What where you expecting this latest movie to be like?
I was expecting to walk away seeing the same themes play out that I saw in the previous Matrix movies - the struggle between real and unreal, fate vs. free-will, and yes even love/romance throw into the mix. There was even a nice play on some religion themes like Neo being a chosen messianic like figure that prophecy told of, and even some Eastern religions thrown in I'm sure. The action and the storyline then were all groundbreaking.

In the latest movie, these elements play little to no role. The latest story is centered on Neo remembering his past life and then reuniting with Trinity. I mean there were some other details and interesting effects, but that was the romantic reunion was the main point of the story. A very basic storyline to say the least, and I thought their romance played out enough in the previous Matrix movies anyways.

Just my two cents.;)

Last edited: