Claim: Here's an article on the election, Georgia's top election investigator debunks a vote fraud conspiracy involving 'suitcases' of ballots, a urinal (yahoo.com). There are a several claims in this article but the main one I want to fact-check is the following:
- Trump's legal team allegations of secret ballots and unsupervised counting are debunked.

Just to provide a little more background on the story, apparently Trump's legal team has claimed to have evidence showing hidden ballots being pulled out from underneath tables and counted without supervision. This occurred on election night in Fulton, Georgia.

Last edited:
My judgement:
The claim that Trump's legal team have been debunked in this case is false.

The thinking behind my judgement is that Trump's legal team claims have not been disproven, although Trump's team have not clearly proven their case either. Two reasons why I'm still open to Trump's team being correct is because there was a period of time when election officials were counting ballots unsupervised. That happening in combination with ballots being pulled out again is certainly questionable. Also, as of 12/6/2020, Richard Barron, an election director, said that the investigation is still open. I would want to know the results of a full and closed investigation, including what happened during the 30 minute unsupervised counting (although that may leave us not knowing) before drawing any true or false conclusions.

Here are a list of facts that I used to support my analysis and judgement.

Relevant facts:
- The article in the OP mentions that there was unsupervised counting:
Fulton County Elections Director Richard Barron told The Associate Press on Friday there were no independent observers watching the vote scans for about 20 minutes on election night, just surveillance video.
This is also corroborated by a CBS interview of Richard Barron who said on video that there were no observers between 10:30p.m. and 11:00p.m while ballot counting was going on:
(watch between 1:30 to 2:00 minute mark)

- The article in the OP mention that the election workers mistakenly thought they were done counting.
The video also "revealed that there were no mystery ballots that were brought in from an unknown location and hidden under tables," just boxes sealed and openly placed there by workers who briefly, incorrectly thought they were done counting for the night.
- Based on a sworn affidavit filed on 12/6/2020, the investigation is still open. You can find that mentioned on pg. 3 of 4 here.

Last edited:
As of December 18, 2020, I've seen on updates on this case.