K9ACOLeeJet

Feb 25, 2023
Because i'm agnostic I don't believe in a sky daddy or a bible written by humans not a god. Do believers actually think that he listens to all the gazillions of prayers every day? One guy? During a tragedy EVERYONE prays and yet some that don't die claim god saved them but then he didn't save the others did he? So he killed them..and why? Random or god?
Lets figure out why Santa Claus has all the qualities people want god to have. "Knows when you are sleeping knows when you're awake, knows if you've been bad or good."....blah blah blah.
If god didn't believe in abortions why does he end pregnancies early and constantly? The word was changed from abortion to miscarriage intentionally so people would NOT claim god did it. Miscarriages ARE abortions. Personally, if one is agnostic the bible doesn't belong on a nonbelievers platform.

Hey again, K9.

You made similar claims elsewhere and I just wanted to give my response here.

I don't believe in a sky daddy or a bible written by humans not a god.
You're basically saying that God is like a Santa Claus figure for adults. The faithful expect him to answer their prayers (or year-round wishes?). I can see how that would be hard to believe and why it is likely made up just like Santa. Given all of those points, I don't think that's enough to rule out God's existence.

Yeah, a sky daddy on the face of it seems unreasonable, but there are plenty of other reasons why people posit God. Personally, I some times feel that I'm more than just a physical body. Different religions offer different views of God.

I guess my main point is that we should not judge the entire idea of god based on how one subgroup of theists view him. Perhaps, in future convos, we can narrow this down to one topic that you think disproves God's existence.

Just remembered this part from the thread title:

Random or god?​

If this question is about answered prayer, then I would say that answered prayers are a lot of times just a matter of coincidental occurrences and not God. Knowing if a prayer is answered is highly subjective. The person praying is left interpreting signs, and believe me, I've heard it all when it comes to what people consider an answered prayer.

Hey again, K9.

You made similar claims elsewhere and I just wanted to give my response here.

You're basically saying that God is like a Santa Claus figure for adults. The faithful expect him to answer their prayers (or year-round wishes?). I can see how that would be hard to believe and why it is likely made up just like Santa. Given all of those points, I don't think that's enough to rule out God's existence.

Yeah, a sky daddy on the face of it seems unreasonable, but there are plenty of other reasons why people posit God. Personally, I some times feel that I'm more than just a physical body. Different religions offer different views of God.

I guess my main point is that we should not judge the entire idea of god based on how one subgroup of theists view him. Perhaps, in future convos, we can narrow this down to one topic that you think disproves God's existence.
I haven't spent a lot of time analyzing the "why" of my denial. I think if there is one, he's one cruel SOB. He tortured Job with killing his son because god wanted to prove that no matter what he did to him Job would still believe in him (torturing him like a cat playing with a mouse.) His life wasn't very happy.
God has killed more people than a serial murderer. I can't get the idea out of my head for what reason children under age 4 have to die a painful illness that induces death. If he existed there are a number of things I couldn't tolerate imagining from anyone I respected esp. a creator. From the bible he seems like a beer belly hard drinking uneducated "make believe character" to me. I''m pretty much comfortable with my philosophy about gods or one in general.
With or without god you can still believe in a soul or inner you that remains energy even after death.

"SOB" .... <- Even if abbreviated, profanity is not allowed.

I haven't spent a lot of time analyzing the "why" of my denial. I think if there is one, he's one cruel SOB. He tortured Job with killing his son because god wanted to prove that no matter what he did to him Job would still believe in him (torturing him like a cat playing with a mouse.) His life wasn't very happy.
God has killed more people than a serial murderer. I can't get the idea out of my head for what reason children under age 4 have to die a painful illness that induces death. If he existed there are a number of things I couldn't tolerate imagining from anyone I respected esp. a creator. From the bible he seems like a beer belly hard drinking uneducated "make believe character" to me. I''m pretty much comfortable with my philosophy about gods or one in general.
With or without god you can still believe in a soul or inner you that remains energy even after death.
Good points. I don't see it as black and white. There is definitely some brutal stuff in the OT. Some of the brutality is debatable and others not so much.

Lately, I haven't been focusing much on finding answers to these objections, but rather I spend most of my time thinking if a God exists in the first place.

Lately, I haven't been focusing much on finding answers to these objections, but rather I spend most of my time thinking if a God exists in the first place.

If you're going to waste your life considering any meaning to the bible or god you need to look for PROOF. Without that the bible has some gory short stories to read the kids at bedtime and nothing more.

If you're going to waste your life considering any meaning to the bible or god you need to look for PROOF. Without that the bible has some gory short stories to read the kids at bedtime and nothing more.
That's an overly-narrow perspective on the Bible. Personally, I'm not expecting for the entire Bible to be true. There is some good and bad to it. I go on a case-by-case basis to determine the good and bad parts instead of giving up on it completely after encountering the first disagreement I might have with it.

This is a test from me user Invited_Christian to see if I can post yet. It appears that I can. Hi everyone. Because the Forum seems willing to invite others besides Agnostics I took up the invite. I am a lover of Jesus Christ who I got convinced is God. Pleased to meet you, one and all.
I would only add at this time, thankyou for the invite - AgnosticBoy. And I do consider it something of a miracle that I actually believe in God. It seems to me as some kind of miracle that I was given the ability to come to know Jesus.

Now let me see what discussion I might like to join.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Because i'm agnostic I don't believe in a sky daddy or a bible written by humans not a god. Do believers actually think that he listens to all the gazillions of prayers every day? One guy?
Hi. Of course a Creator who is master of the billions of galaxies down to the trillions of atoms - in both directions beyond our comprehension, is able to listen to many prayers. We are dealing with one whose ability is infinite, limitless, and eternal.
During a tragedy EVERYONE prays and yet some that don't die claim god saved them but then he didn't save the others did he? So he killed them..and why? Random or god?
I am not sure what you mean here. But I am a newbie here. Let me see if some other post I better get.

If god didn't believe in abortions why does he end pregnancies early and constantly? The word was changed from abortion to miscarriage intentionally so people would NOT claim god did it. Miscarriages ARE abortions. Personally, if one is agnostic the bible doesn't belong on a nonbelievers platform.

If I had ten other lives to live, I would not want to waste even one of them as an unbeliever in Christ.

I do not need now absolute proof in some mathematical sense about Jesus being Son of God. I am happy with confirmation that I am on the right track. And that I have. The postive transformations which have occurred in my soul I know that I am not thier source.

As for the Bible, it may give some comfort to lampoon it and dismiss it as children's stories. But that is not what I see at all by any means. I see a God has a purpose who encounters obstacles to it - one right after another. And through a long history we view how God branches over the obstacles all along the way one right after another. I see a Person for whom walls, roadblocks, obstacles of every imaginable kind CANNOT ultimately thwart Him from achieving His will.

Though history has not ended yet, this resume gives me confidence that God will continue to branch over all the walls and display His wisdom. He seems to be impossible to stop in His plan to Savior, Lord, Governor and Lover of His people. From Genesis through Revelation we are assured that He cannot be stopped to bring His redeemed and Himself utterly together in an eternal love relationship. That's what I believe.

Reactions: bbyrd009