Newly elected congressman George Santos has been talked about on almost all of the mainstream media stations. If you haven't heard of him yet, then here's a brief recap:
The biography of newly elected Congress member George Santos seemed quite impressive. The 34-year-old son of immigrants had graduated from Baruch College, a public college in New York, before going on to work at firms like Goldman Sachs and Citigroup. Santos eventually became a successful financier who started an animal rescue charity. The problem is that biography was apparently a lie, and now he might be facing not only political consequences but legal consequences for his wholesale inventions.

Santos has also pushed back against the claim that he dressed in drag while living in Brazil. A drag performer who goes by the name Eula Rochard told multiple outlets that Santos used to perform in drag under the name “Kitara Ravache.”

There are some things we know about Santos. The openly gay son of Brazilian immigrants, he was elected in November to an open congressional seat that includes a thin slice of Queens and much of the North Shore of Long Island in Nassau County. Santos defeated Democrat Robert Zimmerman by a margin of 54 percent to 46 percent.
Source: Vox

One YouTuber makes the case that the Republican party is using Santos as a token. I question if that's good or bad.

So we have a candidate that lies a lot; he's also openly gay, and potentially a closet drag queen.

For Debate...
Is George Santos good for the Republican party?

Last edited:
Bill Maher has hit the nail in the head when it comes to explaining George Santos. Maher's main point is that George Santos did not just lie, but he made up details that would appeal to both parties. In appealing to the Democrats, he was gay, a drag queen, and a victim. To appeal to the Republicans, he claimed to work for a financial institution, was a business owner, etc.

I recommend you watch Bill Maher take along with his good humor and wit:

🍿

Is George Santos good for the Republican party?
In light of recent reports, I would say that Santos is turning into a problem for the Republican party. I originally thought just his identity alone would be good so that it could diversify the Republican party, but apparently his lies are catching up to him. Here's a report regarding Santos stepping down from serving on any committees.