Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

“ . . . Right now, there is little the party [Conservative Party] can do to oust its leader, because he already survived one challenge from them — albeit narrowly — last month. That means he is immune from another attempt for the next 12 months. However, there are now calls to rewrite the Conservatives’ own rules to allow another attempt to purge its stubborn leader. . . ”

I think this rule in UK politics exists for both the Conservative and Labour parties.

And all you’ve done is taken an awkward and/or embarrassing situation and turned it into a potential crisis.

I got this phrase from a libertarian guy, and I’m happy to give him credit. A classic example might be marijuana. Yeah, not smoking [or vaporizing!] is probably a good idea. But all kinds of problems if you try to hardwire it in.

* and he even pronounced it “Gibble”!

Last edited:
That means he is immune from another attempt for the next 12 months.
I think this rule in UK politics exists for both the Conservative and Labour parties.

And all you’ve done is taken an awkward and/or embarrassing situation and turned it into a potential crisis.

I need to keep up with UK politics because I had no idea that Boris Johnson was a big problem there. I read about his party he had during covid lockdown. It was not too long ago that he visited Ukrainian president in Ukraine. That was a bold move.

The NBC news article you linked to Lemur says there are alternatives that can be used to oust Boris Johnson but those come with complications that his own party may not want to go through. We'll have to keep watching!

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur