TracyRN

Catholic
Oct 25, 2020
Florida
forums.catholic.com
Worldview

Catholic

Here's a sad disappearance case that has been covered by the local and national news media:

KZWHI5NZSNBTPPQS4QGOB7UGKQ.jpg

"ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman who vanished while on a nomadic cross-country trip in a converted camper van with her boyfriend is the subject of a nationwide search while authorities labeled him Wednesday as a person of interest in her disappearance.

Investigators say Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito, 22, was last in contact with her family in late August when the couple was visiting Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park. Much of their trip was documented on social media accounts that abruptly ceased."

This is a report from the Associated Press.

What do you think happened to her? Her boyfriend is not talking returned to Florida without her but he is not talking. I followed the Casey Anthony case and I feel the same bad feelings for this case.

I hope they find her okay.????

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
What I find interesting is that there's video footage of the couple being stopped for a domestic violence complaint. The police find that Gabby was the aggressor but somehow the same officers find a way for her to get out of the charge based on a technicality. Now that's community service and I wish that was practice across the board towards everyone.

The bad thing is that Gabbie goes missing some time later. I wonder if these police officers will be held liable in any way.

Full video of police encounter:

The real action starts at the 1:10 minute mark.

At 49:00 minute mark, the police officers play the role of defense attorney.

This police encounter took place on August 12th (Fox News)

Gabby was last seen on August 24, 2021 in Wyoming (CBS). So about 2 weeks later she goes missing??

Last edited:
What do you think happened to her?
I doubt this will end well. The boyfriend never reports her missing? Never files a police report? Returns from the trip alone and now he's not talking? Lots of red flags. I don't want to speculate too much but it doesn't look good.

"Full video of police encounter:"

Thanks for finding that video!

I doubt this will end well. The boyfriend never reports her missing? Never files a police report? Returns from the trip alone and now he's not talking? Lots of red flags. I don't want to speculate too much but it doesn't look good.
You should be a reporter!

I can fully understand the emotional response towards this latest report but we also have to keep the language clean.

Just for the audience...
There are multiple reports of a body being found that fits the description of Gaby Petito. 100% identification has not been made nor has the cause of death been established.

Here's one source.

Updates for those following the case:
1. Celebrity bounty hunters and crime solvers have joined the search for Brian.

2. Reports of activity on Brian's social media.
Did he accidentally go live on his Instagram?

Reactions: AgnosticBoy