MarkD

Feb 2, 2021
Nothing special. Just looking to find my way around here. I’m a non-observing agnostic. (Yeah, that was a joke.)

I’m not a member of any religion or spiritual group but the question of what role god belief may have played in becoming as we are is of interest to me. Most of what you hear from the secular side is glibly dismissive. My suspicion is that religious experience did play an important role in our becoming as we are now and that it may still be of great value for some. However I think that value can be tapped without religion, though not by rational analysis.

I’m a non-observing agnostic. (Yeah, that was a joke.)
Haha. I wouldn't know what to condemn you for.

I’m not a member of any religion or spiritual group but the question of what role god belief may have played in becoming as we are is of interest to me. Most of what you hear from the secular side is glibly dismissive. My suspicion is that religious experience did play an important role in our becoming as we are now and that it may still be of great value for some. However I think that value can be tapped without religion, though not by rational analysis.
I like that view. Having that in mind would make the journey of finding out very interesting.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to engage in any topic or start up your own!

Reactions: MarkD
I'm having trouble posting a reply I wrote to Tracey a while ago. When I click "Post reply" I get a message saying there is trouble doing that now.

I sent you a private message about it. Let me know if the problem is still occurring.

Welcome to the forum Mark! Let us know if you we can help you with anything on the forum. Otherwise..see ya in the discussions ?

Belated thanks. My only regret is how little traffic there is on the agnostic furums I’ve tried. If that keeps the cluelessly rude away perhaps that is okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: TracyRN
Belated thanks. My only regret is how little traffic there is on the agnostic fuu is rums I’ve tried. If that keeps the cluelessly rude away perhaps that is okay.
Yeah, that's my regret, as well.

Maybe a lot of people are on the fence about joining?!

I have some ideas to release some content on Youtube in the near future so that should spread news of my forum there. I'll probably have to be more aggressive on Facebook, as well.

Reactions: MarkD