In another thread, the issue of pushing the LGBT lifestyle came up. One member brought up that it is pushed too much. So let's debate on this topic.

For Debate:
1. Is the LGBT lifestyle being pushed too much? How or in what ways?
2. Is it right? Any harm to it?

Last edited:
Is the LGBT lifestyle being pushed too much? How or in what ways?
NOt having form my own views yet, I looked up some responses online.

For instance, some might say that gay people flaunt their sexuality, and this would be an example of them trying to push their lifestyle into the face of others. Here are some good responses I've found on Quora:

From author Atli Geir Lárusson
Well the majority of gays don't. Movies and media love to exaggerate ''gayness'' in gay people so you are sure to get the message that they are indeed gay(Movies in particular, don´t like being subtle when going for mainstream appeal).
But besides that,this is just their way of letting out steam.

That's why many hide it(in the closet,as they say),but hiding a part of yourself causes a lot of mental strain. When they finally DO get the confidence to admit their feelings, A lot of that tension goes,Often encouraging many of them to flaunt it because it feels so good to finally let it out. The gay Pride parade only exists because of how repressive attitudes there were towards gay people and society is finally letting up to them(such as acknowledging and allowing gay marriage)

From author Miguel Valdespino
Firstly, most gays don't do this. It's a subculture that's very visible, but most gays are uncomfortable with public displays like this.

Those that do decide to do it out of the oppression that happened in the past. Heterosexuals were never imprisoned for their sexuality. They haven't been lynched for it. Fired from their job. Denied benefits.

If you find any good responses or have of your own, for or against the LGBT crowd in this case, then feel free to share.