Brooklyn Nets Basketball star, Kyrie Irvin, got himself into some controversy for tweeting the name of a documentary that contained anti-semitic views. Kyrie has since deleted the tweet, but one source says that the documentary is called, Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America (source).

Here's video of Kyrie Irving being questioned about posting the documentary on Twitter:

And more backlash since Kyrie does not offer an unequivocal apology:

Kyrie Irving is now on a 5 game suspension from the NBA.

Your thoughts... reactions....

I’ve heard that the film includes Holocaust denial . . . which is kind of some pretty bad crap to promote.

==========

In the first clip, Kyrie says he supports all walks of life. He says he grew up in a melting pot with Christian, Jewish, and Muslim people.

He does not like the media saying he’s this powerful influencer. But the fact is, as a big-time pro athlete, he is a powerful influencer.

———————

I have not yet seen the second clip.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Kyrie posted a statement on Instagram that I think was well articulated:

To All Jewish families and Communities that are hurt and affected from my post, I am deeply sorry to have caused you pain, and I apologize. I initially reacted out of emotion to being unjustly labeled Anti-Semitic, instead of focusing on the healing process of my Jewish Brothers and Sisters that were hurt from the hateful remarks made in the Documentary. I want to clarify any confusion on where I stand fighting against Anti- semticism by apologizing for posting the documentary without context and a factual explanation outlining the specific beliefs in the Documentary I agreed with and disagreed with. I had no intentions to disrespect any Jewish cultural history regarding the Holocaust or perpetuate any hate. I am learning from this unfortunate event and hope we can find understanding between us all. I am no different than any other human being. I am a seeker of truth and knowledge, and I know who I Am.

KYRIE
Sources: Yahoo or Instagram

If only he had this perspective earlier on, before the suspension. Unfortunately, in this day and age, you gotta be careful about anything controversial that you post on social media. If you do post something controversial, be sure to add plenty of context so that others won't interpret it for you.

One thing that gets me is that it seems that Kyrie takes pride in reading and researching. That is commendable. BUT, nowadays, a lot of people are reading just anything they can find on the internet, which inevitably will lead them to misinformation, conspiracy theories, etc.

If people are gonna read, at least read from trusted sources first. Be able to separate fact from speculation. Then you can get into the conspiracy theories or whatever else.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, William posted a good documentary that covers that from Al Jazeera...

Being African American myself I can say that a lot of us like to speak about the history of other races. If we stopped doing this we would stay out of a lot of trouble. Let the Jews tell their own history.

I'm betting this will be Kyrie's last year. No team will want to risk offering him a long term contract. He has missed lots of games because of the pandemic, then the vaccine he refused, and now over his views on social media. All games missed for stuff not involving basketball.

Kyrie Irving is back from suspension. Now the reporters just won't leave him alone about his views on the Jewish community, lol.

Start watching at the 1:50 to 2:40, and then 4:20 to 5:00 minute marks

Are they baiting him or what?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Johnson
Yo, what's up with Kanye?

This is what ABC7 is reporting-
"West - who has legally changed his name to Ye - tweeted an altered image of the Star of David with a swastika inside."

Yo, what's up with Kanye?

This is what ABC7 is reporting-
"West - who has legally changed his name to Ye - tweeted an altered image of the Star of David with a swastika inside."
Guys tend to go crazy after being married to the Kardashians. I think it's that and people just being uncritical about the information they get off of the internet. The uncritical ones tend to gobble up whatever resonates with them.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Johnson