Hello. I already posted a brief introduction elsewhere as the site owner but here I'll go more into my agnosticism and independent politics.

I was born and raised Christian. As a teen I became a stronger believer because that was when I first encountered Christian apologetics. But slowly, my faith began to erode as I realized that some of the Christian arguments were either false, weak, or speculative. But I also realized that I could not bring myself to become an atheist because too many were just anti-Bible and those types sounded just as dogmatic as Christians. Finally, I started studying agnosticism itself, mainly the writings of Thomas Huxley, and I realized that I don't have to associate myself with atheism nor theism. Both groups (many) were dogmatic and claimed to have certainty in areas that I will not accept unless there is logic and evidence. So for now, I am an agnostic because I am undecided on God's existence and because I dislike dogmatism. I am a skeptic but I'm also open to the supernatural.

As for politics, I find myself not agreeing fully with any party. Party no longer excites me, but rather policy does. And it could be policy from either side just as long as it is reasonable and good. I also dislike a lot of the partisan behavior from both Republicans and Democrats so I can not bring myself to accept any one party. Therefore, I'm an Independent.

On American Politics ..

I first became engaged in politics during the President Bush years and right after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. I started off as a Democrat and remained a Democrat up until the end of President Obama's first term. At that point, I started leaning Republican but I forget some of the reasons why. Then during President Trump's term I became an independent by dropping any affiliations I had to either party. So I'll explain my view on politics from that perspective.

As an independent, I will say that I view both parties as being very corrupt. I end up voting for candidates of these parties, but I don't consider myself a fanatic of any candidate. Instead, I'm a fanatic of certain policies. Some of those policies are from the Democrat side, others from the Republicans, and some are my own personal views or come from other political parties.

When voting, I choose the candidate that I believe thinks the best AND has the most policies that I can live with. At times, I vote in a way that would keep the government from a one party rule. I like a divided government (although I still want them to work together) because each side would be more than willing to keep each other in check. When you have a bunch of corrupt politicians and it's just a one side party rule, then I don't believe that they'll keep each other in check.

Last edited:
I'll try to keep the answers shorter:
1. My political position? I'm an independent. I elaborated on my politics in the previous post.

2. Religious position? I used to be a Christian but now I'm agnostic. I'm currently not part of any organized religion and I don't even consider myself to be spiritual. However, I do embrace some religious principles, such as seeking well-being starting from the inside and going out (compared to others who may seek happiness from external/material sources).

3. Philosophical positions? Agnosticism. I also accept logic and verifiable evidence (scientific evidence preferred, if possible) as my means of getting to truth. I should say I would place the most certainty in truths that are based on logic and verifiable evidence. I'm also open to accepting spiritual or even personal experiences as being valid, but I'd need a reasonable framework to weed out the false ones from the true ones.

4. Scientific positions? I'm a strong science backer. I believe it is one of the most important tools known to man, but at the same time I'm willing to admit its limitations and some of its weak points.

5. Morality? I live as if morality is objective for practical reasons. But intellectually-speaking, I don't see any justification for objective morality.

Hello. I already posted a brief introduction elsewhere as the site owner but here I'll go more into my agnosticism and independent politics.

I was born and raised Christian. As a teen I became a stronger believer because that was when I first encountered Christian apologetics. But slowly, my faith began to erode as I realized that some of the Christian arguments were either false, weak, or speculative. But I also realized that I could not bring myself to become an atheist because too many were just anti-Bible and those types sounded just as dogmatic as Christians. Finally, I started studying agnosticism itself, mainly the writings of Thomas Huxley, and I realized that I don't have to associate myself with atheism nor theism. Both groups (many) were dogmatic and claimed to have certainty in areas that I will not accept unless there is logic and evidence. So for now, I am an agnostic because I am undecided on God's existence and because I dislike dogmatism. I am a skeptic but I'm also open to the supernatural.

As for politics, I find myself not agreeing fully with any party. Party no longer excites me, but rather policy does. And it could be policy from either side just as long as it is reasonable and good. I also dislike a lot of the partisan behavior from both Republicans and Democrats so I can not bring myself to accept any one party. Therefore, I'm an Independent.
i would say that that pov is the closest to a Name that is incomprehensible, and an empty room for a holy of holies

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
i would say that that pov is the closest to a Name that is incomprehensible, and an empty room for a holy of holies
I don't think I'm that special but I appreciate the praise!

Welcome to The forum!!

Reactions: bbyrd009
I'll try to keep the answers shorter:
1. My political position? I'm an independent. I elaborated on my politics in the previous post.
”leave the world”
2. Religious position? I used to be a Christian but now I'm agnostic. I'm currently not part of any organized religion and I don't even consider myself to be spiritual. However, I do embrace some religious principles, such as seeking well-being starting from the inside and going out (compared to others who may seek happiness from external/material sources).
”go, and do likewise” was, after all, said of an ”unbeliever” (samaritan)
3. Philosophical positions? Agnosticism. I also accept logic and verifiable evidence (scientific evidence preferred, if possible) as my means of getting to truth. I should say I would place the most certainty in truths that are based on logic and verifiable evidence. I'm also open to accepting spiritual or even personal experiences as being valid, but I'd need a reasonable framework to weed out the false ones from the true ones.
”he who says that he knows anything does not yet know it as he ought”
4. Scientific positions? I'm a strong science backer. I believe it is one of the most important tools known to man, but at the same time I'm willing to admit its limitations and some of its weak points.
”test everything, and keep what is good”
5. Morality? I live as if morality is objective for practical reasons. But intellectually-speaking, I don't see any justification for objective morality.
”but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die”